Subject: [Leica] Proposal: Large Print Exchange
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:10:17 -0700

How often do you hear people say, the proof making a print and an 8x10
print is pretty small to see anything?

Wouldn't you like a see a big print from (M9, D700, X100, 4x5 etc.)?

How about this proposal: in this group, everyone makes one large print, at
least 13x19, may be 17x22. Darkroom printer may use 16x20 etc.

Feel free to watermark on the edge and heck, write in giant letters on the
back that says, "Property of XYZ. I will send my puppies to nip at you if
you steal it.' Heck, tear off a corner if you are paranoid. Whatever.

Everyone sends the copy to the Coordinator.

The Coordinator gathers all the prints and after a week, forward it to the
first person in line, 2 weeks later, it gets send to the next person and so
on and back to the Coordinator. The last person keeps their own print.

The Coordinator then sends the prints back to each person.

So the cost is one mailing to the Coordinator, one mailing to the next
person in line, and one mailing back to the sender, and the purchase of a
mailing tube. This should be less than $40. We will equalize the cost so
the oversea will not get penalized.

In fact, the Coordinator may pre-purchase postage and make labels for all
the trips and include it with the package.

Of course there is a chance that the prints may get lost, so may be tearing
off the corner and marking it on the back is appropriate.

Any takers?

--

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Proposal: Large Print Exchange)
Reply from mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist) ([Leica] Proposal: Large Print Exchange)