Subject: [Leica] LUG 20th anniversary
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 09:05:58 -0700

Two weeks from today will be the 20th anniversary of the founding of the LUG.
The first message was sent on 7 April 1992 (by me) and answered by three
people (none of whom is still a subscriber). Since that time there have been
683,188 emails in 49 volumes. (I discovered this today when I started the
process of closing vol.49 and moving to vol.50)

The longest-standing subscriber appears to be Michael Volow, who joined in
May 1992 and is still here.

Mike's day job is that he is a psychiatrist in Raleigh, NC and an Emeritus
professor in Psychiatry at Duke University. Nothing like a Leica to keep a
person sane, eh?

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] LUG 20th anniversary)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] LUG 20th anniversary)
Reply from gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] LUG 20th anniversary)