Subject: [Leica] What to take to Peru....
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:06:31 +0000

So much depends on your vision...   and what you want to photograph....  But
for me...  when I travel...  I really like to have the widest range of lens
options possible...  I found I took a lot more photos of Machu Picchu with
longer lenses than wide ones...   it's really an issue of limited vantage
points...  much of the ruins are on a slope...   which makes it really tough
to photograph them once you are on them...    the old you can't see the
forest for the trees thing...

I would definitely try to stay up on the ruins as late in the day as
possible...   those were my favorite shots...

I found Peru beautiful....   would love to go back to Cuzco and the sacred
valley again....

Duane

You can see a few of the things I photographed way back when at
http://ecuadorphotos.tripod.com/machu/machu.html

Sorry about the ads....