Subject: [Leica] IMG: more NEX-7 macro images
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:25:37 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Adam Bridge wrote:

Still playing with the 100 APO on the NEX-7. I like what it does. There,
unfortunately, a difficulty with the camera. I hesitate to call it a defect,
but it will cause a problem for anyone wanting to use a large heavy lens
which requires the camera to be mated with a tripod. The NEX-7 is a very
thin camera, as in less than 1" I think. With the 100 APO mounted (which
weighs more than the camera does), I couldn't make a stable mounting to the
tripod. Even with the screw to the mounting plate tightened as much as I
dared centering an image was very difficult because the lens would droop,
maybe 1/2 a frame. It's not the camera body that is bending, it's the soft
rubber mounting that is being compressed by torque.
<<<

Novoflex makes a tripod mount ring for their NEX adapters.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] IMG: more NEX-7 macro images)