Subject: [Leica] Hypothetical M10 B+W
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 10:34:20 -0400

This message was originally HTML formatted.  View in a HTML capable client
to see the original version.\r\n\r\nSince it is easy to black and white with
the current M9
why would anyone buy a dedicated bw camera?

Totally unnecessary.

Now, if the M10 has movie capability in bw, it might have some appeal to me.

What I'd like to see is a $1500 range-finder with Leica-speed shutter
responce and
mounts for Leica lenses.

Leica is wide open, super vulnerable, to encroachment from lower cost, high
quality camera makers whose sensors
are compatible with Photoshop.  Leica's high selling prices leaves room for
them to be undersold by a high quality
competitor. It is vulnerable to companies that develop their own chips.
Leica's advantage is their lenses, but their prices
are climbing at at rate that makes slightly lesser lenses look much more
appealing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Leica seems like a bubble to me, a cash cow that's
getting milked.

Doug