Subject: [Leica] A couple of X Pro photos
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:51:29 +0800

Here I am in the camera shop this morning. Taken with the 35mm f1.4 on the X
Pro.
ISO 200 1/14 @ f2.8 Processed to B&W in CS 5

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/XPRO/HC35bw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/cwkba9c

Here is Pete from Mirama Camera taken with the 18mm f2.0
ISO 400 1/90 @f2.0 Processed to B&W in CS5

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/XPRO/Pete18bw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/clobqft

First impressions are mixed. Picture quality looks very good - bokeh is
pleasant.
Lack of eye piece diopter adjustment is annoying. Inability to set minimum
shutter speed
with auto ISO is IMHO a retrograde step compared to the X100. (Maybe you can
but that means
I'll have to read the manual!!!) Erase function is now first on playback
instead of third as on X100. That is progress.
Focus speed and shutter lag seem better than the X100, even with the 1.20
upgrade to the X100.
The 35mm f1.4 has a clunking sound as it starts to focus which is
disconcerting but apparently "normal".

Please look large
C&C always welcome
Howard