Subject: [Leica] Capturing action in the dark.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:18:13 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/070327_193021.jpg.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/cbqlc4k

Last week I was talking on the LUG about how now with digital we can capture
action in the dark. I was called out on it. I think my example I wrote about
was a guy running down the sidewalk in the dark.
Well here's a guy going a million miles an hour by me on speed skates.
It all happened in the blink of an eye. And I got the shot.
And this was not full frame it was taken with a 1.5 crop D200.
With a manual focals 45mm 2.8 P lens from Cosina for Nikon. It says Nikon on
it. P stands for Pancake.
1/50 sec at f3.5 and be there at iso 800.
And is due to the wonders of panning. Its the background which is blurring
not the guy. I'm always amazed that's so easy to do. Even in the dark
When I checked the monitor after taking the shot I was not even sure he'd be
anywhere in the frame. As I missed a few that way.

--
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Capturing action in the dark.)