Subject: [Leica] National Geographic Daily Dozen
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:02:05 +0200

Congratulations, but...

Excerpt from their terms and conditions:

"By uploading User Content, however, you grant National Geographic (which
includes its subsidiaries, affiliates, joint venturers, and licensees) the
following rights: a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to display,
distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of the User Content, in whole
or in part, without further review or participation from you, in any medium
now existing or subsequently developed, in editorial, commercial,
promotional, and trade uses in connection with NG Products. National
Geographic may license or sublicense, in whole or in part, to third parties
rights in User Content as appropriate to distribute, market, or promote such
NG Products. "

So, how much did they pay you for having granted them such wide-ranging
rights to your excellent photograph?

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman