Subject: [Leica] Personal thoughts on the NEX-7 and M8
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 06:06:31 -0500

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Adam Bridge <abridge at mac.com> wrote:

> In another thread there's a discussion related to this one. But I've been
> trying to distill my thoughts so I'll offer them here.
> . when we travel I can hand it to someone and ask them to take my photo
> beside Jan and the person I hand it to will be able to look at the screen
> on the back and take the picture. Or even look through the "viewfinder". I
> cannot do that with the M8.

What I do with an M Leica is to have the person who is going to take the
picture stand where they will be, and I stand where I will be.  I focus the
camera, then hand it to them.  They take the picture.

I keep my Pentax kr in the car for all the other reasons you point out, but
have taken just ten pictures with it since December, when I got the new M9.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/