Subject: [Leica] Simba
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:22:15 +0530

Last posting of photographs for a week at least - Neela & I are off to join
Howard & Esther Cummer for a week of tiger watching (hopefully) at
Ranthambhore National Park.

The subject here is the lion pride. In Ndutu at this time of the year there
is such an abundance of food that no predator generally goes hungry - and
in lion prides that leaves a tremendous amount of time for social activity.
These are the best fed lions and lionesses that I have seen in the wild,
sleek and glowing with health, and the prides were large and full of cubs
of all ages and sizes. This set deals with the family, and more
particularly with the mother-child (or more accurately the pride lionesses
and the cubs) relationship - which was so tender and loving that it was
wonderful to see.

Family Meal:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120304_05587.jpg.html

Mother's Love:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120304_06208.jpg.html

The cubs tried to suckle once too often and got this telling off:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120304_06222.jpg.html

There always seemed to be a great competition to suckle:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120305_07021.jpg.html

Contentment:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120305_07045.jpg.html

Loving Lick (a big one!):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120307_08302.jpg.html

Very young cubs (one month or so old) and their mothers in the early
morning sun - in a typical African landscape:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Tanzania+2012/Tanzania_20120308_08583.jpg.html

Please see large.

Comments and Criticism, as ever, welcome.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Simba)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Simba)