Subject: [Leica] Should have trusted the LUG......
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:21:05 -0700

CA = Ick!  I can not stand that type of aberration .... makes me crazy....

No 35 ASPH Summicron here... just a 35 ASPH Summilux and 28 Summicron,
either of which tests out quite well....
My current choices are one of them.....

Still have a while to decide....  either is a marvelous lens....weight may
win out....or maybe focal length... I prefer a wider angle for this lens....

The M8 does have some disadvantages if you prefer a WA lens...

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Chromatic aberration.

If you could live without f1.4 and push your M8's ISO 1 stop, the f2/ASPH is
one heck of a sharp lens and light. Noise reducing software (even what's in
LR is darned good) will take care of any difference

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Should have trusted the LUG......)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Should have trusted the LUG......)
Reply from john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Should have trusted the LUG......)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Should have trusted the LUG......)