Subject: [Leica] IMG: Public Utility Modernization
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:56:26 -0700

Chris Crawford OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Public Utility Modernization

> Reminds me of when I lived in Santa Fe, the city was thinking of setting
> up a city-wide wifi network that any citizen could use for free to get
> online in public places. A bunch of the wingnuts that Santa Fe attracts an
> abundance of started shrieking about the 'radiation' from all those
> transmitters. Funny how there was no complaint about all the radio, TV,
> cell phone, police radio, etc. transmissions that constantly pass through
> our bodies. The wifi thing, that would kill us all!

Hi Chris,
I guess some of the "WINGNUTS" ;-) you had there in Santa Fe must have
escaped to Canada in fear of the "radiation!" Because our BC HYDRO are in
the process of installing "SMART METERS" throughout the province and the
wingnuts are like howling wolves about every ailment had by mankind due to
the "Secret Police" meters able to read their every thought due to the
transmissions.

However most of these crazies have a cell phone stuck to the side of their
heads most of the day and never relate to "what maybe or not happening
inside their empty skulls?" I'm surpised none of these fruit cakes haven't
been screaming about what happens to their bodies while sitting in front of
a computer 8 hours a day or more.  Again if anything?

Me? Hell live and let live, if the meters are proven to be more efficient,
then get on with life. Imagine if these whackos were around at the time of
the first auomobile and air pollution? We'd all still be riding horses and
or a couple hitched to a wagon.

I was recently at a get together of guys and one of them happened to get
onto the meter thing and he was adamant we were going to have hundreds, if
not thousands of people die due to the radiation emitted by "THESE INFURNAL
THINGS!"

Another broke it up with the news comment he had just seen on TV that "for
real Martian Spaceships had been detected headed toward Earth" by a "SMART
METER READING!" sent to the main hydro station.

That kind of ended the stupid comments immediately about "Smart Meters!" :-)
cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] IMG: Public Utility Modernization)