Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 6/4/2012: Viernes Santo in Alicante
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 09:33:25 -0700

Nathan Wajsman showed & said:

> It is deeply ironic that on this, the most important day in the Christian
> calendar, my wife, a Catholic, went to play padel and then have some beers
> with her friends, while, an atheist Jew, went downtown to watch the
> procession marking the sentencing of Jesus. Go figure. Of course, the real
> reason is that there are pictures to be taken:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=1782200995&k=6SLQ9Hn&lb=1&s=O

Good day Nathan,

Two things I found this morning for a change:  sleeping in for the first
time in a couple of months and leaping out of bed. Such a wonderful feeling
indeed after the past several months of hell:

Your comment:
1/ > It is deeply ironic that on this, the most important day in the
Christian calendar, my wife, a Catholic, went to play padel and then have
some beers with her friends, while, an atheist Jew, went downtown to watch
the procession marking the sentencing of Jesus. Go figure. Of course, the
real reason is that there are pictures to be taken:<<<

How interesting it is that photography can have people of many Faiths
gathering to watch and photograph the life stories and celebrations of
another, but in peace and just admiring the celebration parades and other
activities.

Maybe if all the AK47's were rounded-up and the people given cameras to
"SHOOT WITH" we might just have a more peaceable world. It would have
nothing to do in believing the other's faith, but to catch the beauty within
it.

2/ The photo potentials in the celebrations of all Faiths is pure magic with
the least bit of imagination because they all tend to be beautiful colourful
events. I'm sure I wouldn't want to be one of the guys trying to hold this
most colourful example of a their religion as high as they are and walking
along with it over my head. :-)

You made an interesting point both in the text and photo.
thanks,
cheers,
ted