Subject: [Leica] film question
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 10:06:02 -0400

On Apr 07, 2012 at 08:44 AM +0200, simon jessurun wrote:
>Anyway found in the attic some boxes of Kodak Technicalpan sheet film.
>They have the year 2006 on the boxes.
>Do you think that film might still be useable?
>And if yes at the same speed?

If you don't really want Techpan and something else would work (Tri-X,
T-Max), I would consider selling the Techpan.  It should go for decent
money in sheets, and as long as you are honest about the storage
conditions, it's someone else's problem.  I would guess that it's
probably fine.  APUG, ebay, or largeformatphotography.info would be good
places to sell.

If you don't want to sell it, I'd go to either APUG or
largeformatphotography and ask for speeds to try it out at.  Or you
could just fire off a couple sheets and test it.