Subject: [Leica] Someone's in Love
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 20:00:09 -0700

Sonny Carter SHOWED:

> Kathy and Everett James
>
> http://sonc.com/look/?p=1929
>
> M9, Summicron asph 35

Hi Sonny
The true magic of this photograph is the lighting!!! Show no fear shoot it
as you see it, simply because that is the motivating factor!! Obviously the
wonderful scene itself is super magic!! Lighting is magical!

And don't anyone give me some stupid comment about using flash and
completely destroying this beautiful image as we see here.  If you can see
it...... "YOU CAN SHOOT IT!"

And don't start giving me some whining excuse about holding the camera
steady with a slow shutter speed! This situation isn't going anywhere, so
keep your mouth shut, concentrate and shoot a bunch! And if you have to ASA
rate at 800? Do it and get over it! Set it and capture the moment! As that's
far more important than what might? Be a tiny touch of grain! OOPS!  noise.
But heck the image is so magical and powerful what's a tiny smidgin of noise
"IF IT SHOULD OCCUR?"

Besides pretty well everyone of you are using idiot proof exposure camera's
these days. Just look through the viewfinder, show no fear, CLICK! See how
easy that is? A scene like this requires nothing more than the photographer
first of all having the observation abilities to appreciate what he or she
is looking at. Make sure camera is turned on, held steady and quietly go
"CLICK!" :-)

There now see how easy that was.

But one small item. You may have to get Sonny's beautiful wife ( as grand
mother in this case) to be your models!:-)

Hey Sonny charge a big model fee! :-)

By the way Kathy you look beautiful along with young Everett James! :-)

cheers,
ted