Subject: [Leica] Does anyone own/use one of these holsters?
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 11:27:40 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

That's terrific, Phil, however, as per the subject question,
I'm trying to get feedback from people who actually use it.

Montie

Phil Wrote:

>>I don't like the holster because the camera isn't a firearm nor does it
really need deployment in that way. But more so that this is an
egregious implementation of what is essentially a camera strap that
costs over $100. I also think the holster is a solution looking for a
problem.
I personally think that luxury leather goods are mostly a waste
because there are less expensive ways to do the same thing. A regular
camera strap works just fine for me, probably better, since the strap
is actually around a limb or my neck and helps prevent the dropping of
my camera. I do own two very nice pairs of leather shoes. One dressier
than the other. The less dressy pair are boots that I walk in every day
and have probably put in 2000 miles on since I got them last spring.
They were expensive because they are the best made boots you can get,
have orthopaedic options and all I have to do is replace heels and toes
infrequently. I rationalize them because they serve a very valuable
purpose: they get me everywhere, provide the best support which helps
my back and they are incredibly durable. I just can't see a
rationalization for the camera holster aside from
carrying the camera as jewelery.
The method of carrying the camera DOES look quite comfortable though
and the load is spread across a broader area (then again I could get a
Sears "hippie strap" and take care of that.)
Again, just my opinion.

Phil Forrest