Subject: [Leica] Would you trade your M9 to go back to an M8?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 17:32:05 -0400

When I finished college like I said yesterday I moved to Portland Oregon and
started out showing my portfolio to art directors. I hitch hiked.
The first guy  first day told me I had no future in photography.
The second group of guys  the next day gave me advice for the entire
afternoon. A main guy at that design group was giving me advice as  I was
telling him they didn't tell us anything about art business maybe I should
take a course in it or something. And I was going to put "rainbow
productions" or some dumb ass thing on my business card.
He said its all about your name. starts and ends with YOUR NAME.
Did Richard Avedon or Irving Penn call themselves "rainbow productions" or
some dumb ass thing? I think they called themselves Richard Avedon or Irving
Penn. As did any other photographer you ever heard of.
Araakii is the name of another photographer.
I'd pick another name. like your own. And stand behind it.
What's the point of an anonymous photo gallery or poetry gallery or
anonymous anything? You may as well be whistling in the wind.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/