Subject: [Leica] The world is awash with M9.......
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:44:45 -0700

Indeed, many used M9 is now under $5000 and heading toward low $4000 if it
is "well used."

To me what this means is that we have reached saturation with people who
want to try the "best camera there is" and that they are finding
rangefinder is just not for them, when a D800 is many thousands cheaper.
Perhaps 2009-2012 would be seen as the peak of Leica M popularity.

The only thing I care is that may be the pricing for used gear would
finally drop also.