Subject: [Leica] Doisneau
From: gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:55:03 +0100

Marty

Thanks for posting a reminder for his birthday, I will raise a glass of red
tonight in his honour. To me he was always one of the best, if not the best.
Willy Ronis and Marc Ribauld rank in there as well together with, of course,
HCB but probably in that order. I was exhibiting in France a while ago and
there they seemed to rank Doisneau as the best and discounted HCB all
together which rather surprised me, having loads of Doisneau posters in the
shops but not even an HCB book. At the opening of my show I was very
honoured to be compared favourably to Doisneau (sorry about the boasting but
I don't get much opportunity).

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or