Subject: [Leica] OT: Flash for the SWC?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 07:32:13 +0000

X is normal flash, M fires the bulb flash as soon as the shutter is tripped
so is brighter when the (focal plane) shutter opens, I think V is "normal"
bulb usage - never used either ;-)

As for what shutter speed to use, if totally lit by flash it makes no odds
so choose 1/125th. However if natural light is around then you will need to
balance falsh and natural light levels.....

john

Trying to recall from the past, X is normally for exectronic flash (zero
delay), M is for gas-filled flash bulbs, and V is a puzzle.  It could relate
to variable delay for wire-filled flash bulbs.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA