Subject: [Leica] So much for the Zeiss customer service....
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 02:12:17 +1000

Richard you bought the finder used? If so perhaps the reason it was sold
on? Did you try it since on another M9? Someone else's eyeballs get the
same result with it on your M9?
The comment re different results due to different flash shoe off set
puzzles me. You could get a parallax error in theory (but then the
framelines are only a guide anyway) but tilt ? Only if the shoe or finder
is mis-aligned surely?

I have bought a number of times from Popflash too and their service has
been uniformly excellent.

You won't want to to know then about the Zeiss ZM lens I got from Hong Kong
that I wanted modified to bring up different frame-lines (when I had my
M8). Popflash volunteered to send it to Zeiss USA for me. Zeiss USA sent it
to Germany for me where it was modified.. Popflash charged me only for the
internal USA freight at cost and Zeiss nothing at all.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman