Subject: [Leica] Third party M to X adapter
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:12:20 -0500

I just don't understand the insistence of so many to force their M lenses
onto the XP1... Or any other manual focus len(es) for that matter.

No matter what adapter one uses (the Shogun adapter that Howard describes
or Fuji's own) this is all a complete exercise in futility -- or vanity.

The Fuji lenses are excellent by most accounts and very reasonably priced.

What other reason can there be other then vanity? Why else put a manual
focus lens onto an AF camera that cannot be accurately focused except
perhaps under the most perfect of conditions?

Putting an M lens onto a Sony NEX-7 with an adapter, which did I try, was a
silly exercise even with the NEX's edge focus confirmation system --
something the XP1 lacks.

Okay, perhaps in a few applications, probably video related, a manual focus
lens on any AF camera lacking responsive focus confirmation (like a D700)
makes no sense for still photography.

My XP1 will never see an adapter -- and my M lenses will stay where they
belong, and excel, on my M9.
.
Dave.

--
See my 2012 Picture A Week (PAW) Gallery
<http://www.dlkphotography.com/paw>originally begun in 2007.

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Third party M to X adapter)