Subject: [Leica] iPad in high end studio?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 02:10:58 -0400

I still think the best art directors out there  are hiring the best
photographer not with the idea lf breathing down their necks during the
shoot. But they respect the photographers process.  Which involves giving
them their space. They respect the fact that the pictures the photographer
has shown the art director to get the job were done by the photographer. And
not with clients rating them as they come out of the camera. Avedon and Penn
and current others always said the key to fashion and other forms of
commcial photography was CONTROLLING YOUR WORK.
This is the opposite of that.
You only let them see what you want them to see.
An edit you carefully make own your own.
Sure they may get a choice between a few carefully selected shots. But
showing them a whole take is bottom of the barrel shlock work.  Especially
as its coming out of the camera getting them involved in the shot. Getting
them involved in the shoot is the last thing in a million years you'd want.
In the old days they'd stay in the back on a sofa and get distracted by the
pretty help.
Sometimes you'd get them or an art director to initial a Polaroid.
That way you know in the end you're going to get paid.
although I've never quite done that.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/