Subject: [Leica] IMG: Focus and Resolution Check
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:11:31 -0500

To answer my own questions as well as some raised by list members, I set the
E-510 up at ISO 400, to raise shutter speed, and used a black cloth to
enable Live View focusing.  While the birds did not cooperate, my neighbor's
chimney cap made a nice, stationary model.  Focus was on the mesh inside the
cap, and the post-processing was similar to that that I normally use.

While not quite as sharp as with the lens alone, the resolution is certainly
useable for web postings, which is where my images usually end up.  I do
very little printing.  I am happy with the results.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Focus+_amp_+Resolution.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA