Subject: [Leica] FS: Canon 50mm f/1.2 with hood
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:39:25 -0400

I've found that I need to further trim down some gear and I'm getting
rid of my Canon 50mm f/1.2 with it's proper matching hood.
The lens is the lowest serial number currently known which is just a
fun fact.

Cosmetically, it's a user. The heavy brass and anodized aluminum show a
bit of wear here and there. The focusing barrel has some bright marks
on it.

The front element is lightly scratched with many coating marks but I've
never noticed an effect on images as this is inherently a lower
contrast lens with a propensity to flare without a hood.
There is no fungus and a minimal amount of dust. When a flashlight is
shone through, I can see what might be a tiny amount of haze but it
just may be the old glass scattering light.

The lens makes fantastic images and I got rid of a Rigid Summicron as this
lens
replaced it in all shooting. Now I find myself wanting something with a
shorter focus throw so I'm going back to a Summicron.

The rare hood is also a user. No dents but the end of it has bright
marks on it. The screws which hold the clamp spring into the hood have
long been lost (before I got the hood) but this never affected the
function of the clamp. I rubber cemented the tightened clamp onto a
55mm filter ring in order to never lose it and it's worked so far.

I'm asking $500 for the lens and hood. Generic rear LTM cap will be
included.
I can include a 6-bit coded LTM-M adapter and M rear cap for $40 extra.

Thanks all.
Phil Forrest

--
http://philipforrestphoto.wordpress.com/