Subject: [Leica] Tripods
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 07:27:09 +0100

Hi Mark,
I think you are writing "world" when you mean USA. The US is the richest
country in the world, less so today perhaps than the last few decades but
still the richest. The sales of consumer goods in the US is -so- much
greater than anywhere else that the dealers are bigger and stock more items.
The prices are also cheaper on almost everything. Perhaps that is why Leicas
seem so expensive to Americans since Nikanons are so much cheaper for them
whereas Leica tends to be the same price everywhere.
I live 60 miles from London. I don't know anywhere I could go there and have
a full range of multiple brands of tripods/heads to actually try.
You are very lucky in the US, I think the only other country I have visited
which has stores with such a large range of camera kit actually in stock is
Singapore, and there there is no chance to try anything since they will not
IME open the sealed box and risk having the next customer refuse to buy it.
FD

Replies: Reply from joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low) ([Leica] Tripods)