Subject: [Leica] Tripods
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 00:36:33 -0400

No offence to my Lug French Friends but Gitzo was good but just a tad quirky
and once they were bought out by the Italian company Manfrotto they really
got their act together like nobodies business. It used to be if in the wet
sand you could forget it. They were darned hard to clean out after that you
had to know what you were doing with those funny gaskets. I got expert
lessons on them from Doug at Citizens in Portland.
Now there are  10 distinctive different designs. And no need to be afraid of
wet sand:
Aluminum
Basalt
Explorer
Leveling
Mountaineer
Traveler and
Systematic

The explorer design is way interesting with a post which goes all over the
place and can be easily leveled on a steep crater on the moon.

Check out the Gitzo tripod Configurator
http://configurator.gitzo.com/gitzoConfiguratorWS/default.html

I'd sure want to play with them first before I laid down close to a grand to
land one.

And there are all kinds of limited edition safari and titanium versions for
people who have too many millions of dollars.

http://www.gitzo.us/photo-tripods

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/