Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Band
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:53:04 -0400

Unfortunately, that's true but it's only in the big cities and usually
drug-related.  The countryside is very safe.  We always have travelers read
the CIA travel warnings:

Crime is widespread in Honduras and requires a high degree of caution by
U.S. visitors and residents alike. U.S. citizens have been the victims of a
wide range of crimes, including murder, kidnapping, rape, assault, and
property crimes. Widespread poverty and unemployment, along with
significant street gang and drug trafficking activity, have contributed to
the extremely high crime rate. In January 2012, the Peace Corps pulled out
its volunteers while conducting an administrative review of the safety and
security of its volunteers.  An October 2011 United Nations report on crime
and drugs ranked Honduras as having the highest per capita homicide rate in
the world at 82.1 homicides for every 100,000 inhabitants.

 But if you look up any country, you will find such dire warnings that you
would never want to travel anywhere!!

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1024.html

Crimes occur everywhere.  You just have to pay attention and use common
sense.

Tina