Subject: [Leica] MAYBE THE LAST HOORAH :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 09:20:44 -0700

Hi Crew,
As many of you know my dear wife Irene of 63 years who started my
photographic career by giving me a camera for my first birthday after we
were married. The birthday was my 21st., May 27th. 1950.

In the ensuing 63 yrs. years. She was my toughest critic and driving force
to always try harder and be observant of life around me. So where is this
going?

Glad you should ask? :-)
We have 4 grown adult children, some with children and they heard me talking
about a LUG gathering in Barcelona this July 2012.

So this is when you know you have brought your kids up properly and
respectfully! With big hearts!  They found out when and where, unbeknownst
by me. They bought flight tickets and set up everything so I can join the
crew who will be there. :-) Now that was a surprise on me a few days ago.
:-)

"A favour for Dad in helping him to heal and enjoy one of his favourite
cities and some friends after he covered the 1992 Summer Olympics in
Barcelona."  Now that's when you know Irene did a damn fine job bringing -
up our kids while I was some place else in the world shooting assignments.

I thought it a bit of "nice news" to start your day. :-)

So with great enthusiasm I await 4 July 2012 when I land in Barcelona to
meet the crew! :-) :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] MAYBE THE LAST HOORAH :-))