Subject: [Leica] Photowalk and More
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 23:01:55 +0530

We had a most interesting photowalk with Jaya Kumar to Jam Bazaar (I think)
in Triplicane, round the corner from Ratna Cafe today. My wife came along
for the walk, and could not stomach the butchers, so we left early.
Siddhartha & I have decided to go again with Jaya Kumar another day,
because it is a very interesting and intimate place to photograph. This was
the first full scale field trial I was putting my Fuji X-Pro 1 and the 35mm
lens to, and IMHO it came out with flying colours, including at a concert
in the evening. All shots were taken as 'Fine' quality JPGs. Some
photographs from the walk:

The Banana King:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/_DSF9817.jpg.html

A Butcher:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/_DSF9959.jpg.html

Fish Lady:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/_DSF9946.jpg.html

A Tea Shop:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/_DSF9972.jpg.html

Portrait of a Lady:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/_DSF9977.jpg.html

After the excursions of the walk, we went for breakfast to Ratna Cafe,
where the early wake up caught up with Siddharta, my elder son:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/_DSF9994.jpg.html

Suitably fortified, we started walking towards the Parthasarathy Swamy
Temple, where I caught these youngsters, only too willing to ham it up a
bit:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/_DSF0072.jpg.html

In the evening, I took the camera combo to a concert by a young Carnatic
classical musician, Prasanna Venkataraman:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/album254/_DSF0105.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Photowalk and More)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Photowalk and More)