Subject: [Leica] M8 behavior
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 07:11:38 +1000

Take a look at the book too when you get a chance (or you can get a PDF
version on-line)
http://en.leica-camera.com/service/downloads/rangefinder_cameras/m8/index.html

AFAIK if you used the default settings the M8 would turn over from L1009999
to L101000, not restart from L1000001 again. I've never passed 10,000
frames in my M8 to prove that as yet.
That is, unless you reset the camera from the MENU.

You have a lot of options for when batch renaming (as Sonny mentioned) the
ones that you have duplicated of course.
Here is the M8 procedure for when you have access to a computer again

Look at Post #6 by Shootist in this L Camera Forum thread
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/37107-how-re-set-image-file-numbers.html?langid=3

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman