Subject: [Leica] working & earning & lifetsyle
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 22:56:22 -0400

Those jobs today pay so little that the airfare to get you there and back
will exceed your earnings for the summer. Its not about being 'too good'
to work, its being too smart to work for nothing. If I wanted to work for
$7.75 an hour, I'd stay in Fort Wayne and work at Walmart (they start at
$8 here!) and it wouldn't cost me a fortune to fly to the work location.

If I asked my father for a loan to fly to Alaska to work for minimum wage,
he'd slap up side the head and ask me how an educated man could
contemplate doing something so damned stupid (seriously, he would say
that!) when I could make that here and save the airfare. Rightly so.

Those jobs are for rich kids looking for a fun summer job experience. They
don't need the money and don't care about the pay. For someone who
actually has to work for a living, such jobs are not realistic.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook