Subject: [Leica] Advice on Fixing Nikon LS-4000 Scanner
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (jnelon at netvigator.com)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 01:42:33 +0800 (HKT)

Bob,

That is correct. Vuescan - or anything else, for that matter - doesn't "see"
the scanner because the scanner isn't known or available to the operating
system. The OS must be able to deal with the device first before it can pass
a connection along to Vuescan, NikonScan, or whatever.

And for Lew:

The scanner is directly connected to the pc or mac. We've also connected the
scanner to the pc through an adapter card and through an auxiliary port,
using several different cables. The combinations of ports, cables, operating
systems, days of the week, rain outside and any other exogenous variables
prove to us that the scanner itself is the problem.

Thanks for all of your help. I'm contacting Nikon to see if they will repair
it. If not, I'll be back.

Jim

Bob wrote:

 So, you turn on the scanner, open Vuescan, and Vuescan does not 'see' the
scanner?

--Bob