Subject: [Leica] OT lightroom (4)
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 19:38:07 -0500

On 5/13/2012 12:41 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:
> what is the best way to learn lightroom (4) for someone coming from
> photoshop?
>

> thanks,
>
> Steve

Steve,

For some reason I had a devil of a time with LR, with a PS background.
The interface just seemed klutzy.   I also watched the Adobe.tv
tutorials and downloaded Martin Evening's book on LR3, which is more of
an encyclopedia than a how-to but most helpful.  The lightness slider in
LR4 is great and can work wonders where I boned the exposure as is
commonplace.  What I do now is look at my raw files in Bridge, save the
survivors to a folder named by date, and then import that into the LR4
catalog and assign keywords.  I doubt that LR will replace PS, but it
sure is handy to be able to retrieve images by keyword and metadata, and
do most all of the work before going to PS.

Ken