Subject: [Leica] S2 / H System Lens adapter....
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 17:32:53 -0400

Frank Filippone wrote:

Or.... Why does/did Leica not support Phocus SW if they are trying to woo
away Hasselblad H series users??
<<<

Phocus is a Hasselblad product.  They'd need Hasselblad's cooperation which
is unlikely.

Gene Duprey wrote:

They rely on Phocus to get the renowned Hasselblad image quality, which
kind
of implies their lenses are not as good as those of the old Zeiss lenses.
No arrogance intended, H's own literature tells you that while you can use
LR or PS, to get the image quality that they are known for you have to use
Phocus, which tells me their lenses are not as good as in the past.  imho.
;)
<<<

As I understand it the optimization of some of the H lenses may include
more distortion or possibly lateral chromatic abberations, which can be
fixed in software (Phocus), in order to improve optical performance
parameters that software can't handle.  I make no claims as to the
superiority or inferiority of this approach to optical quality... but I'd
be wary of being locked into proprietary software.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] S2 / H System Lens adapter....)