Subject: [Leica] S2 / H System Lens adapter....
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 09:14:07 +1000

Yes I just read that since posting as well. Perhaps there is no patent
applicable on the H mount then? (as with the M) I imagined that you
couldn't reverse engineer the electrical interface part of the mount
without permission. Apparently not!  Consistent with the no love lost
relationship with Hasselblad then.

Just interesting in passing for me. If I could justify buying an S2 it
would be to use the S lenses naturally. But I guess the adaptor may attract
owners of current sytems to buy the S2 body and probably more likely helps
compensate S owners for the delays in getting the Central Shutter versions
of the S lenses to market. I did read they have got that shutter sorted out
now with their own native design (and synch is up to 1,000th too).

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman