Subject: [Leica] IMG - Piano Man
From: topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 22:20:15 +0100

Jim,

Thank you. I get a press pass like a few others, so yes, I do get some
special treatment, but no more than the other press guys (even though I?m
not really press). Fortunately as I don?t have to get a standard shot for
Getty or some other agency, I get a free hand at shooting what I think is
better artistically. I don?t think I?ve seen anyone else on the Jazz/Gig
circuit in the UK who shoots exclusively in mono. I certainly haven?t come
across anyone else in the Pit who shoots with Leicas. For me, it?s just
about trying to recreate the classic mood shots from the 50s, 60s and 70s.

Best wishes,

Charlie
www.charlie-chan.co.uk