Subject: [Leica] Another MM write-up
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 16:28:26 -0700

Or that
a) it's a pre-production firmware
b) the lossless DNG compression on the M9 depends on certain voodoo magic
about the image file characteristic (because in the end, it's compressing
12 bit data down to 8), and such voodoo does not work on the monochrom data
as you will be throwing away dynamic range data, which is the raison d'?tre*
* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raison_d%27%C3%AAtre> of the MM.