Subject: [Leica] Another MM write-up
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:28:38 +1000

And the glass half full answer might be that only extremely dedicated
shooters will buy the camera and those are unlikely to give up any possible
quality from the raw files ;-)
Actually I think  this one has used as much off the shelf M9 as possible
for cost containment (as the M9 did with M8 components)
I think I read that the raw file sizes are the same as from the M9 and the
buffer performance unchanged too. That is same number of frames and
leisurely operation!

One unconfirmed report is that there may only be a run of 1000 of these.
I speculate that it won't be the last M with a monochrome sensor.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman