Subject: [Leica] OT: I need a better noise buster solution
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 12:14:27 -0500

As you may know I am the proud owner of a Sony A900, I've posted some
relevant emails in the past regarding the camera. I love the camera,
ESPECIALLY the viewfinder which IMHO is one of the best DSLR finders
ever. And I love the built-in IS  and 24mp resolution. I use a lot of
my old Minolta glass, most of which is quite good and is probably the
best bang for your buck you can get these days. In fact many of Sony's
lenses are just rebadged Minoltas. And I modified a lot of my Leica-R
glass for use on it, e.g. I now own a 400 Telyt with IS! The Achilles
heel of the system as everybody knows is noise, especially at high
ISOs of course. In the past I used Noise Ninja for noise reduction but
with the Sony it gets rid of the noise but smears the hell out of all
the detail. Turns a lawn into a green carpet. So I'm trying to find a
better noise reduction solution that what I have and I'm open to all
suggestions, better software, tweaks in Photoshop or LR, anything that
might help. The noise isn't that awful, really, but I sure would like
to see it go;)

Jim Laird

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] OT: I need a better noise buster solution)
Reply from robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron) ([Leica] OT: I need a better noise buster solution)