Subject: [Leica] M Monochrom and APO Summicron 50 ASPH review by David Farkas
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 00:53:07 +0200

My friend,

Are you tempting me? ... For sure I'll buy it if I have the
Lottery!  ...  BUT, for me and others used in the traditionnal
photography:

- It is too perfect

- It is too sharp

- No grainy aspect as the film

- With film I expose correctly and nathing else, I don't need
underexpose to preserve the highlights. What this mind's? is the
Dynamic Range still too short or is an inherent problem to the actual
digital technology?

- What would say HCB?  he has said "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept"

Beside all this and the technical details about the sensor, I think
that in the Digital era it would be possible a B&W Mode in the
Firmware emulating the B&W sensor or nearly... Finally if I want
achieve my B&W as a film look, as I try to do, all these things are no
necessary and I'm not sure that this can spare time in editing.

These are my thoughts

cheers
Lluis

El 29/05/2012, a las 10:03, Geoff Hopkinson escribi?: