Subject: [Leica] Endgadget on the MM
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 17:21:52 -0400

During the transition from film to digital in my workflo I did what a lot of
people did and called it digital.
I shot film.
Scanned it.
Printed it on an Epson 1200.

During the first part of the digital revolution in photography did most of
our digital image making with scanners.
I'm a black and white guy.
Soon what I ended up doing was shooting Fuji pro 800 film or the Kodak
equivalent and scanning it.
I converted much of it into black and white after scanning.
During Photoshopping.
And it was great to have all that informant to work with.
Not just shade of gray informant.
But pink vs. green information.
Especially when the pink and green were going to translate to the same shade
of gray. Then I could do something about it and make sure they separated.
The interface on doing that is much improved over the past 5 years.
You can in real time see which of your grey tones are separating and which
ones unexpectedly are not separating.
I'd hate to have this taken away from me.
And I'd hate to spend eight grand to have his taken away from me.
I'd rather THEY PAY ME The eight grand to have his taken away from me.
Then me pay them the eight grand to have his taken away from me.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/