Subject: [Leica] MARRIAGE / Reorganizing my equipment collection
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:34:43 -0700

As much as this hurts I have to put my 2 pennies worth of opinion on
long-time marriage! Given I just experienced 63 years of a very lovingly
interesting and satisfying married life before my dear Irene passed on. :-(

If in the beginning you marry a good woman or good man understanding it's
not going to be a bed of roses and there maybe in that bed of roses a few
"pricks" along the way. That you are prepared to have the odd straining
moments of communication, both heated and as lovingly as it can possibly be.
To admit, you as the male are prepared to accept you "ARE WRONG AND SHE IS
RIGHT!" And vise versa! It's a two way street always! Give and take, get
over it and move on together still enjoying the wonderful feeling of her or
he cuddled by your side anytime .

If you are properly matched? Obviously understood right from the first time
you find her cuddled by your side in the warmth of the night. There isn't
any reason for a pennies worth of thought about divorce. I see divorcing
when children have been conceived as one of the most cruel things parents
can bestowe on their off spring. Having not done that, I'm sure there are
other opinions.

By the same token today's society is a wrangle of perceived "entitlement
beyond common sense" where "NO" is the only so called correcting answer to
everything. "No you can't do that, this and every stupid asinine reason to
turn the society into some quagmire of stupid ill-conceived rules, laws and
regulations."

But if you have the right woman or male by your side in the beginning, none
of the garbage-pit regulations conceived by moronic politicians and
government bureaucrats will deter you one iota from a beautiful long and
enjoyable life with the mate you've loved beyond your wildest dreams and
thoughts when you first said "I Do!"

I find the "bitterness shown here" by some extremely unfortunate for the so
called "Victim!" But one must ask ..... "What happened to the "two way
street of give and take?" Stubbornness of stupidity by both doesn't solve
anything.

The "Whores of Hollywood" and societies of today's lust for all the crap
stuff promoted in crappy celebrity magazines that cater to the witless fools
who see the events of Hollywood as... "They do, so I do!"  It is this kind
of crap the completely innocent women and men in the first place, see
divorce is the only answer. Then do it and the next thing you know they've
grab another foolish male or female ready to wed. They do it as quickly and
as fast "as a Saturday night whore changing her undies!" And all they've
done is move them selves into another quagmire that ends again in divorce.

I'm sorry but I don't by all this bull-shit about divorce being the be-all
answer to solving marital problems. Sure there are going to be the exception
simply because if the wrong mate was picked because she or he was a "WOW
FACTOR IN THE SACK!" That only helps on cold winter nights, but that's only
a part of a successful marriage.

I need not go on any longer as I know my married life was great, sure we had
some wild old verbal battles. Everybody does at sometime or other and anyone
saying they never had a squabble is probably lying. That's all part of
Mother Natures Communications in working things out. After all it is a two
way street of give and take.

Unfortunately nobody was around with a Leica to photograph some of our
"discussions?" ;-) Oscar martial for the cover of LIFE magazine! ;-)

Bottom-line? We loved each other, enjoyed our great times together, had 4
great and wonderful successful children. And now 10 Grand children who are
also cracker jack kids and the oldest two will own their own business
operations one of these days as they're already laying out plans and how. 20
& 21!

All a hell of a lot brighter than their grandfather when it comes to the
"Art of running a business." OH yeah and both have wonderful sharp ladies by
their sides.

So there you go eh! I just wish it were 63 years and counting! :-( I miss
her dearly. :-(

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] MARRIAGE / Reorganizing my equipment collection)