Subject: [Leica] Marriage
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 15:21:26 -0700

Everyone has their own position on this.  Yes, I believe in marriage.  Yes,
I also believe that divorce is a legal necessity.
Yes, some or most or maybe all divorces end up with the guy taking it in the
shorts, financially and with respect to custody.

Yes, some guys are jerks.  ( defining Jerk any way you wish.)
Yes, some women are jerks. (ditto)

Some/Most/All of the financial problems come from not the parties involved,
but the lawyers involved. Get the lawyers out of the picture and things
would quiet down and be more fair to each, in most cases.  A reason for DIY
negotiated divorces, with maybe a court recommended or appointed/but client
paid arbitrator.  A neutral third party.

Yes, Divorce is tough, sometimes unfair, and always a terrible thing.

If you want a reason for Why Marriage? To legally protect BOTH in their
abilities to be compassionate and caring and have rights when bad stuff (
think in terms of sickness as an example) happens.  You don't get that
without the license.

I know of several divorces that ended very amicably.  Basically dual
parenting their kids, and with rarely a problem, at least problems visible
to the outsider.

I know of one divorce that was created by the woman, the guy had to do the
filing, and the guy had to give up a lot (more?) than he might have.  He
also had to pay for both lawyers ( she was out of work, zero bucks) who
argued until HER lawyer's account fell to zero, at which point the arguments
ended.

Divorce is rotten.  Staying married is sometimes worse.

To paraphrase Dr. Ted..... but with the right woman, it is wonderful....
To paraphrase Nathan......  with the right morals and integrity, there
should be no problem with marriages.....

OTOH, people are people...

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net