Subject: [Leica] DAS IMG 121 122 123 124: Peru
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 04:16:12 -0400

I'm guessing the first people to make side by side matching large prints of
the same subject with the MM and M9 in black and white will be the luminous
landscape people. As they do think of prints as final results and have the
brains and common sense to figure it out and want to do it. And would have
an interest in the MM.

I gotta say that the M-Monochrom is not being called the MM by the dpreview
people Endgadget or any of the usual suspects only here on the Leica Users
group and I really think we area making asses of ourselves with such and
insipid half assed acronym. No one else is using it. Its about time we call
the camera by its name. or think of a less ridulous acronym,
Get with it guys !
PLAIN OR PEANUT?
Leica is not in the M&M business.

 OK I see now Sean Reid  used it in a report "? From now on I'll usually
refer to the camera in this report as the MM, for brevity."

But its not the name of the camera.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/

> From: Dante Stella <dstella1 at ameritech.net>
> Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 01:37:54 -0400
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] DAS IMG 121 122 123 124: Peru
>
> I can't imagine much of a technical edge to a MM, but one could always
> hope!
>
> Dante
>
> On Jun 5, 2012, at 12:43 AM, Montie wrote:
>
>> These appear technically superb on my screen, Can't imagine enough
>> improvement with an MM to justify the cost.  :-/
>>
>> Montie

>>> Let me know what you think while I think about the M Monochrom...
>>>
>>> Salt farms, Sacred Valley
>>> http://www.dantestella.com/past/past121.html
>>>
>>> Machu Picchu, rain
>>> http://www.dantestella.com/past/past122.html