Subject: [Leica] Visiting Leica plant in Solms
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 20:29:27 -0500

When I went, I phoned. I actually called twice, once a month before, and
the day before.  It was great, because the tour was just me and the
European sales manager of Illford and his wife.  Since they were not
English speakers, the tour was mostly in Germ-lish.  But I understand
enough of the language to have had a great tour, especially since I could
ask all the questions I wanted.

The tour took most of the morning, even though the factory was far smaller
then.

 They now have a special email:

Contact for the factory tour in Solms:

Tel.: +49 (0)6442 - 208 100
E-Mail: leicatour at leica-camera.com

More info

http://en.leica-camera.com/service/leica_plant_germany/

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/
Natchitoches, Louisiana

USA

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Dan Khong <dankhong at gmail.com> wrote:

> Friends
>
> I am going to visit Europe soon. I would like to visit the Leica factory
in Solms.

> An initial email to their office a month ago has received no response. I
also wonder if any LUG folks have gone on such a tour and whether you have
found it worthwhile.