Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Galilee Harbor
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Bryk Oliver)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 06:51:04 -0700

I would like to thank everyone who commented.

Ric wrote:
"super set!
ric"

Jayanand wrote:
"+1
Cheers
Jayanand"

Jean-Michel wrote:
"A very interesting series, the colours are beautiful, one can understand
why they've chosen to live there. Great place. Thanks for sharing.
Jean-Michel"

Charlie wrote:
"Oliver,
The first shot with the mailboxes is my favourite. Love the saturated
colours and the subdued greens. Almost like kodachrome!
Best wishes,
Charlie"

Philippe wrote:
"Superb colour work - and nice compositions.
MUST be seen large.
About the ships/hulls, I think a little less DoF would have helped
blur the somewhat plain - read ugly?- background.
All in all very enjoyable, thanks for posting.
Bien cordialement de MEtz
Philippe"

I agree that defocusing the background would have improved some of these
images. I was preoccupied with avoiding geometric distortions such as
converging verticals, always a challenge with a wide angle lens on a
handheld camera.
Because most of the houseboats are about my height or less I had to crouch
or kneel on narrow walkways that moved gently up and down with the action of
the waves while the subjects in the frame swayed gently from side to side.

Oliver