Subject: [Leica] How about this one?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 01:15:24 -0400

In the contact sheet in the book  "Celebrating the Negative"  by
John Loengard you can see he is caught in the air jumping over the same
puddle from the same spot at least 27 times.
Some of us NY LUG guys also saw and discused that contact sheet when it was
displayed in the early HCB show at the ICP in new York a few years ago:
Henri Cartier-Bresson's Scrapbook: Photographs, 1932?1946
JANUARY 19?APRIL 29, 2007

Derriere la Gare Saint-Lazare  better known as:
The Puddle Jumper

This photo findable now on the internet is mainly used as an example for the
other myth. That HCB (or other Magnum shooters) never cropped. This photo is
cropped by quite a bit. As are a handful of others of his.
They are saying in many examples I find on the internet  that he is shooting
through a fence which reinforces the whole "decisive moment" myth; Waiting
patiently some magic moment to happen from a hole in a fence clicking once
and going home.
But the guy jumps from the same place over the same puddle strip after
strip.
And there was no reason for HCB to not act like any other magazine
photographer of the time and perhaps a bit less so, now.. To be heavily
involved with what he was shooting.
Of course its always depended on the exact kind of thing you're shooting.
Baby shoes and so on. Hiring models to kiss in front of crowds of leering
men...

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/