Subject: [Leica] A Prairie Home Companion In Shreveport
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 01:04:41 -0500

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at
rabinergroup.com>wrote:

> I was behind Garrison Keillor at Zabars food store a few months ago. May
> have been full year.   He seemed to be concerned that someone was going to
> recognize him. He was a full two feet taller than anybody on any line and
> has a very distinctive face. I think one of two customers didn't know who
> he
> was. But nobody said anything to him. Not even me.
> I Wiki'd him when I got back here. Said he has an apartment on the Upper
> west side. So do all kinds of other people who are famous for living in
> distinctive places like small cities in the Midwest. In reality they all
> live on the UWS.
> Santa Claus you think he lives in the N Pole? Heck no most the year he's in
> a pre war on the UWS. Much better deli.

I loved living in the Excelsior when it was a cheap apartment hotel with a
kitchenette. The coffee shop had toasted blueberry muffins to die for, and
I could get fruit and veggies from a Korean grocer around the corner. The
bus stopped right out front and that connected me to anyplace in the
world.  I could see the Museum of Natural History from my window.  Better
than Russia any day.