Subject: [Leica] A Prairie Home Companion in Shreveport
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:18:26 -0600

Jim Nicholls wrote:
I wasn't talking about PHC, but the original Hayride, either from Chicago or
Louisiana.

Jim, I grew up in Shreveport so I'll jump in here.  Gobel's Wiki entry says
he got his start in country music on Chicago's National Barn Dance on WLS.
 The Louisiana Hayride was a different show aired from Shreveport on KWKH.
 The National Barn Dance was the progenitor of the Grand Ole Opry -- both
were started by Judge Hay in the 1920s.  The Hayride was mostly a 40s-50s
thing, unrelated to the others.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE